As Firefox has been around longer than Safari, do you know how to install Firefox on Mac? Choosing a good web browser is important to get a smooth browsing experience. In Firefox, you get a wider selection of add-ons compared to Safari. In today’s post, I will show you how to download and install Firefox on Mac. Firefox is a free and open-source browser that is developed by the Mozilla Foundation and the Mozilla Corporation. This web browser is widely available on Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can keep on reading if you are interested in learning how to install Firefox on Mac.
How To Install Firefox On Mac?
In this section, I will teach you how to install Firefox on Mac. You’ll get several browser options on Mac such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Both these web browsers are great alternatives for Mac Safari.
Follow these steps to learn how to download Firefox on a Mac.
- Visit https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ using Safari.
- Then, click on the Download Now option.
- Your Safari browser will then start downloading the Firefox installation file.
- Wait for a while till the downloading process completes.
- Now, the downloaded file will be located at the bottom of the browser.
- Or else go to the file where your downloads are stored.
- Double-click on the Firefox file to open it.
- Allow your Mac device to verify the file.
- Select and drag the Firefox icon into the Application folder.
- In the Application folder, locate and launch Firefox.
- From the pop-up message window, select Open.
Thus, within a few minutes Firefox will be installed on your Mac. The Firefox program will auto-detect your device’s operating system and recommend the right version suitable for your device.
When it comes to how to install Firefox native application on Mac, repeat the above steps again.
Install Older Version Of Firefox On Mac
The installation process of older versions of Firefox is equally simple. You just need to follow these steps to learn how to install the older version of Firefox on Mac.
- Visit https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
- A list of all latest and older versions of Firefox will be displayed.
- Scroll down to select the Firefox version you want to download.
- Here, you’ll see different builds for different OS.
- Make sure you choose the OS corresponding to your OS.
- Then, choose the language and region accordingly.
- Download the .exe file that is displayed on the screen.
Once the file is downloaded, follow all the on-screen instructions to install this Firefox version on your Mac.
Install Selenium IDE For Firefox On Mac
Here, we will learn how to install Selenium IDE for Firefox version 54 on Mac.
- First, launch Firefox and visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/selenium-ide/.
- On this page, click on the Add to Firefox button.
- Wait for a while till Firefox completes the download.
- Once the download is finished, click on Add.
- Now, you’ll get a confirmation message that Selenium IDE will be added to Firefox.
- Click on Ok to close this message.
- Then, click on the Selenium IDE icon to open it.
Selenium IDE is now ready for use directly from Firefox. Let us now check out how to open Firefox on Mac.
Open Firefox On Mac
By far, I hope you’ve understood how to install Firefox on Mac. After installing Firefox, you cannot the Firefox.dmg file directly. This can result in issues like lost data and settings. If you are opening Firefox for the first time, follow these steps.
- After installing Firefox, a pop-up message will appear on the screen.
- From the pop-up message window, select Open.
- To set Firefox as your default browser, select Use Firefox as my default browser.
- Or click on Not Now if you don’t want to set Firefox as your default browser.
Thus, Firefox will be now the default browser when you open a web page or link from a different application.
What Is The Latest Version Of Firefox For Mac?
The latest version of Firefox suitable for Mac is Firefox 45.9. 0esr. Various bug fixes and new policies have been updated in this latest version of Firefox.
If you want to know more topics like these visit Installmo
Is Firefox Any Good On Mac?
Firefox is also a popular alternative to Safari, and with good reason—it’s a safe, secure choice, particularly on work computers that might not allow other browsers. However, note that Firefox doesn’t offer the full protection of Brave Shields.
Why Won’t Firefox Work On My Mac?
If Firefox is unresponsive, then try to force close it. Press “Option”, “Command”, and “Esc (Escape)” together (or select the Force Quit option from the Apple menu) and select Firefox and then click Force Quit. And then reopen Firefox and test your problem.
Can I Run Firefox And Safari On My Mac?
But Safari only works on Apple devices, whereas Firefox works on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux. So no matter what operating system you choose, Firefox has you covered with our security and privacy protections.
Click here – How To Install iTunes On Mac?
What Is The Best Browser To Use On Mac?
Apple’s Safari browser has been around for a long time, and over the years it’s been improved to the point where it’s now a very solid choice for most people.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to install Firefox on Mac. Firefox is considered one of the fastest web browsers available that can be easily downloaded. For this, go to the Firefox download page and select Download Now. Wait till the Firefox.dmg file is downloaded and then Firefox is ready for use. You can use the same procedure if you are curious about how to download and install Firefox 46 on Mac. Remember that to download Firefox on your Mac, you’ll need another browser like Safari or Google Chrome. By learning how to install Firefox on Mac, you can browse different websites with ease!